Video Training course
Start Working at Home – Plan Your Own Route to Home Working
There are many possible options if you want to start working at home. This two-hour course takes a career planning approach to identifying the right sort of home based work for you. It will also help you look at the pros and cons of home working and assess whether it’s really the best move for you. By the end of the course you’ll be ready to take your first steps towards working at home.
- Understand the four basic routes to home working.
- Get lots of ideas for starting a home based business.
- Weigh up the pros and cons of different types of home based work.
- Consider your options as a home based employee (remote worker/telecommuter)
- Assess your suitability for freelancing/self-employment.
- Check that working at home will really suit you.
- Map out your first steps to achieve a home based career.
The course includes over 2 hours of video lectures, plus notes and optional exercise sheets for you to download and complete for yourself.
- How to Come to a Decision about Working at Home
- What Kinds of Work Could I Do At Home?
- The 4 Basic Routes to Working at Home
- Taking Stock of Your Skills & Experience
- Home Based Employment – The Idea of Remote Working
- Possible Risks of Remote Employment
- Could I Change My Current Job to be Home Based?
- Find a New Home Based Job
- Online Recruitment Sites
- Home Based Self-Employment
- Could I Go Freelance?
- Finding Freelance Work
- A Host of Home Based Business Ideas
- A Few Thoughts on Running a Home Based Business
- Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) as a Home Based Business
- Developing a Business Idea
- Is a Home Business Right for Me?
- Would Working at Home Really Suit Me?
- Why Do I Want to Work at Home?
- Pros & Cons of Working at Home
- What Would I Miss Working at Home?
- Could I Work Well Alone?
- Is My Home Environment Suitable?
- How Would My Work Effect Those I Live With?
- Choosing Between Options
- Overcoming Doubts – or How Not to Talk Yourself Out of Things Unnecessarily!
- Taking Your Ideas Forward – Priority Actions
Why take the course?
The course is a really response to the question that’s asked most often about home working:
“How can I start working from home?”
Generally speaking the advice you’ll get online is aimed at explaining and promoting some particular type of home working – quite probably whatever home based business model the writer has a vested interest in. The information tends to be quite narrowly focused on outlining the options within one type of work, such as online work, writing/blogging, freelancing, selling on ebay and so on.
This course steps back to look at things from a career planning angle, looking at what might suit you, what skills and experience you bring, and what you hope to gain from working at home. It takes an overview of the whole range of options you might have if you just set off with the broad hope of ‘working from home’ rather than working from home in some particular type of work.